Competitive based on experience
The person in this role will oversee and process payroll and HR benefits for a growing company.
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Administer employee benefits
- Organize & maintain a standard payroll workflow
- Assist with background checks and other verifications needed on potential employees
- Onboard new employees into payroll system verifying that all paperwork has been collected and completed correctly.
- Make necessary employee status changes such as W-4 status, pay and position adjustments, garnishments, etc.
- Import and prepare payroll information to process the bi-weekly and supplemental bonus payrolls.
- Create journal entries from the payroll system and uploads into accounting system.
- Ensure payroll operations and controls are followed and maintained under compliance with law and policy.
- Manage benefits within HR module on payroll system including annual Open Enrollment.
- Handle garnishments and respond to unemployment claims.
- Set up and maintain benefit eligibility deadlines for new employees and anniversary related benefits.
- Correspond with employees as necessary concerning benefit opportunities.
- Identify and resolve any payroll and human resource issues that may arise.
- Submit worker's comp reports and possible follow up on employees on leave.
- Payroll: 2+ years
- Human Resources 1+ years
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Excel, Word, etc.)
- Vacation / Sick Leave
- Health, Dental, Vision, Life & Disability Insurance
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MWB is a privately owned franchisee of the Whataburger family.
We will build & operate, at least 30 stores in North Alabama. Our fast paced growth means rapid growth potential for your career.
We seek the best of the best to operate our restaurants.
Our high performance team serves fresh, made-to-order breakfast and burgers 24/7
Come join us in serving communities a burger so big and delicious they have to say "What-A-Burger"
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)
Or apply here.
Healthcare and Life Insurance (Team Leader and above)
Paid Time Off (Team Leader and Above)
Quarterly Bonus Program (Manager and Above)